History

CEMA Bois de l'Atlas has stood out on the national and international market over its 75 years of existence.

Creation of CEMA

  • 1949

    Creation of CEMA, launch of the first plywood production line.

  • 1951

    The Badjoint group's sawmill is sold to the Graulout group. After the extension of a plywood unit, the company is named Les Bois de l'Atlas.

  • The 70s

    Manufacture of the first particleboard and laminated panels. Production of laminates.

  • 1972

    The company is sold to a Moroccan group, and becomes Société Maghrébine des Bois de l'Atlas.

  • 1975

    Start-up of the Lamifié "Marital Plast" unit.

  • 1976

    Establishment of a particleboard plant, operational in 1978.

  • 1978

    Expansion of Martial Plast with the installation of a rapid-cycle surfacing unit (Laminate).

  • The 80s

    Certified industrial process, notably by Lloyd in the UK and Komo in Holland.

  • 1982

    Installation of a second "CP2" plywood unit

  • 1995

    Acquisition of the company by the Safari Group.

  • The Year 1996

    Establishment of a peeling plant in Owendo, Gabon.

  • 2002

    Best stand award at the Casablanca International Building Exhibition.

  • The Year 2011

    Increased plywood capacity with the acquisition of a new automated peeling line.

  • 2018

    Installation of a complete line for Fine Woods plywood, Latté plywood and a panel machining unit.

  • 2020

    Installation of a complete new-generation Stratidécors line and a complete Stratibois line.

  • 2022

    Acquisition of Demeyer by CEMA Bois de l'Atlas Group